1. What are the neural mechanisms in the spinal cord involved in the perception of pain, reception of sensation, and mediation of reflexes and movement ?
2. What are the neuroanatomical pathways in the spinal cord serving the functions of pain, temperature, proprioception, discriminative touch sensation and vibration ?
3. What are the neuroanatomical pathways in the spinal cord responsible for voluntary movement and for the maintenance of muscle tone and reflexes ?
4. What are the various clinical manifestations due to damage of the spinal cord according to location of the lesion ?
5. What other information would you need to know to localize this problem ?
6. What are the most common diseases to be considered when faced with a spinal cord lesion and what are the pathophysiological mechanisms involved ?
7. What investigations are available to establish a neurological diagnosis of a spinal cord lesion ?